Weather Warnings - Flood Warning - Orara River
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Final Flood Warning For The Orara River
Issued at 10:20 AM EDT on Sunday 28 March 2021
Flood Watch Number: 35
MINOR FLOODING HAS EASED AT COUTTS CROSSING
The Orara River at Coutts Crossing fell below the minor flood level on Saturday afternoon.
No further flooding is expected in the Orara River.
The river level fell below the minor flood level (5.00 m) around 5:00 pm on Saturday.
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.}
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/northcoast.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
This is a final warning, no further warnings will be issued for this event.
Latest River Heights:
Orara River at Karangi,1.33,Falling,09:00 AM SUN 28/03/21
Orara River at Glenreagh (Automatic Gauge),1.90,Falling,09:00 AM SUN 28/03/21
Orara River at Coutts Crossing,5.00,Falling,05:00 PM SAT 27/03/21
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 210. Warning, rainfall and river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.