Weather Warnings - Flood Warning - Wyong/Tuggerah Lake
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Final Flood Warning For Tuggerah Lake
Issued at 10:35 AM EST on Sunday 10 July 2022
Flood Watch Number: 21
MINOR FLOODING NO LONGER OCCURRING ALONG TUGGERAH LAKE
Minor flooding has eased along Tuggerah Lake, where water levels at Long Jetty fell below the minor flood level (0.90 metres) overnight Saturday.
No further flooding is expected in the Tuggerah Lake.
The Tuggerah Lake at Long Jetty fell below the minor flood level (0.90 m) around midnight Saturday and is currently at 0.79 metres and falling.
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.}
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/greatersydney.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
This is a final warning, no further warnings will be issued for this event.
Latest River Heights:
Wyong River at Gears,2.12,Steady,09:16 AM SUN 10/07/22
Tuggerah Lake at Long Jetty,0.79,Rising,10:15 AM SUN 10/07/22
Tuggerah Lake at The Entrance,0.76,Steady,10:30 AM SUN 10/07/22
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 210. Warning, rainfall and river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.