Weather Warnings - Flood Warning for the Paterson/Williams Rivers
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Final Flood Warning For The Paterson And Williams Rivers
Issued at 09:09 AM EST on Friday 08 July 2022
Flood Watch Number: 15
FLOODING IS NO LONGER OCCURRING AT GOSTWYCK, DUNGOG AND MILL DAM FALLS
River levels at Gostwyck, Dungog and Mill Dam Falls have fallen below the minor flood levels.
Minor flooding is no longer occurring along the Williams River at Dungog and Mill Dam Falls.
The Williams River at Dungog fell below the minor flood level (4.90 metres) around 06:00 pm Thursday.
The Williams River at Mill Dam Falls fell below the minor flood level (6.10 metres) around 12:45 am Friday.
Minor flooding is no longer occurring along the Paterson River at Gostwyck.
The Paterson River at Gostwyck Bridge fell below the minor flood level (9.10 metres) around 06:00 pm Thursday.
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.}
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/midnorth.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
This is a final warning, no further warnings will be issued for this event.
Latest River Heights:
Williams River at Dungog,2.72,Falling,08:15 AM FRI 08/07/22
Williams River at Mill Dam Falls,4.46,Falling,08:00 AM FRI 08/07/22
Allyn River at Halton,1.44,Steady,08:00 AM FRI 08/07/22
Paterson River at Gostwyck Bridge,7.17,Falling,08:30 AM FRI 08/07/22
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 210. Warning, rainfall and river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.