Weather Warnings - Flood Warning - Hunter River
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Final Flood Warning For The Upper Hunter River
Issued at 02:49 AM EST on Saturday 06 August 2022
Flood Watch Number: 2
LOCATION ALONG THE UPPER HUNTER RIVER HAVE PEAKED BELOW THE MINOR FLOOD LEVEL
The Upper Hunter River at Muswellbrook peaked below the minor flood level on Friday evening.
Locations downstream of Muswellbrook are expected to remain below the minor flood levels.
No further flooding is expected in the Upper Hunter River.
Hunter River at Muswellbrook:
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.}
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/midnorth.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
This is a final warning, no further warnings will be issued for this event.
Latest River Heights:
Kingdon Ponds at Scone,0.91,Steady,02:32 AM SAT 06/08/22
Hunter River at Aberdeen,3.79,Steady,01:45 AM SAT 06/08/22
Hunter River at Muswellbrook,3.80,Falling,01:45 AM SAT 06/08/22
Hunter River at Denman,6.03,Rising,01:30 AM SAT 06/08/22
Goulburn River at Sandy Hollow,5.20,Falling,02:30 AM SAT 06/08/22
Hunter River at Liddell,8.84,Rising,01:30 AM SAT 06/08/22
Wollombi Brook at Bulga,2.04,Steady,01:45 AM SAT 06/08/22
Hunter River at Singleton,3.46,Steady,01:30 AM SAT 06/08/22
Hunter River at Greta,3.40,Rising,01:30 AM SAT 06/08/22
Hunter River at Maitland (Belmore Bridge),1.86,Steady,02:15 AM SAT 06/08/22
Hunter River at Raymond Terrace,0.63,Rising,02:15 AM SAT 06/08/22
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 210. Warning, rainfall and river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.