Weather Warnings - Flood Warning - Murray River
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Final Flood Warning For The Murray River
Issued at 09:08 AM EDT on Sunday 05 December 2021
Flood Watch Number: 12
FLOODING NO LONGER OCCURRING AT COROWA
The Murray River at Corowa fell below the minor flood level (4.60 metres) overnight Saturday into Sunday.
Murray River downstream of Hume Dam to Tocumwal:
No further flooding is expected in the Murray River downstream of Hume Dam to Tocumwal.
Murray River at Corowa:
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.}
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/southwest.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
This is a final warning, no further warnings will be issued for this event.
Latest River Heights:
Murray River at Albury,2.21,Falling,08:45 AM SUN 05/12/21
Murray River at Corowa,4.49,Falling,08:45 AM SUN 05/12/21
Murray River at Yarrowonga Downstream,3.66,Steady,08:45 AM SUN 05/12/21
Murray River at Tocumwal,4.44,Falling,08:00 AM SUN 05/12/21
Murray River at Echuca,88.11,Steady,08:00 AM SUN 05/12/21
Murray River at Torrumbarry Weir,3.96,Steady,09:00 AM SUN 05/12/21
Murray River at Barham,3.88,Rising,08:00 AM SUN 05/12/21
Murray River at Swan Hill,2.21,Rising,09:00 AM SUN 05/12/21
Murray River at Wakool Junction,5.17,Falling,08:00 AM SUN 05/12/21
Murray River at Boundary Bend,4.73,Falling,08:00 AM SUN 05/12/21
Murray River at Euston,45.64,Steady,08:00 AM SUN 05/12/21
Murray River at Wentworth,28.99,Steady,08:00 AM SUN 05/12/21
Edward River at Deniliquin,3.21,Rising,08:00 AM SUN 05/12/21
Edward River at Stevens Weir Downstream,3.43,Rising,08:00 AM SUN 05/12/21
Edward River at Moulamein,2.77,Rising,08:00 AM SUN 05/12/21
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 210. Warning, rainfall and river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.