Weather Warnings - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Cancellation Of Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for Pilbara, Gascoyne, Goldfields and South Interior districts.
Issued at 11:19 pm Sunday, 16 January 2022.
Slow moving thunderstorms are now weakening over the interior.
A slow moving surface trough generated thunderstorms during Sunday. These storms are now weakening.
Warnings for Sunday 16 January
cancellation of severe thunderstorm warning for the following areas:
Pilbara, Gascoyne, Goldfields and South Interior
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in WA.
The immediate threat of severe thunderstorms has passed, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
* Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
* Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.
* Assess your home, car and property for damage.
* If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
* If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.