Weather Warnings - Severe Weather Warning for WA
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Cancellation Of Severe Weather Warning
for Kimberley, Pilbara, Gascoyne, Goldfields, Eucla, North Interior, South Interior, Central West, Lower West, South West, South Coastal, South East Coastal, Great Southern and Central Wheat Belt districts.
Issued at 6:26 am Monday, 17 January 2022.
EX-TROPICAL CYCLONE WEAKENING AND MOVING EAST.
At 6:00 am Ex-Tropical Cyclone Tiffany was moving eastwards near the WA/NT/SA border and out of the WA region.
cancellation of severe weather warning for the following areas:
Kimberley, Pilbara, Gascoyne, Goldfields, Eucla, North Interior, South Interior, Central West, Lower West, South West, South Coastal, South East Coastal, Great Southern and Central Wheat Belt
Heavy rainfall and Damaging winds are no longer occurring.
The immediate threat of severe weather has passed, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
Average wind speeds of 70 km/h and wind gusts to 98 km/h were observed at Giles at 9:30pm Sunday.
Cancellation for the following areas:
Western Australia Anonymous Locale 1
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
* Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
* Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.;
* Assess your home, car and property for damage.;
* If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
* If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.