Weather Warnings - Flood Warning - Peel and Namoi Rivers
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Final Flood Warning For The Peel And Namoi Rivers
Issued at 10:53 AM EDT on Monday 03 January 2022
Flood Watch Number: 104
NO FURTHER FLOODING EXPECTED FOR NAMOI RIVER AT GOANGRA
The Namoi River at Goangra fell below the minor flooding level (5.50 metres) on Friday.
No further flooding is expected in the Namoi River at Goangra.
The Namoi River at Goangra is currently at 3.91 metres, below the minor flood level and falling.
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.}
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/northwest.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
This is a final warning, no further warnings will be issued for this event.
Latest River Heights:
Goonoon Goonoo Creek at Goonoo Goonoo,0.70,Steady,01:00 AM MON 03/01/22
Peel River at Piallamore,1.04,Steady,01:00 AM MON 03/01/22
Cockburn River at Mulla Crossing,0.48,Steady,12:15 AM MON 03/01/22
Peel River at Tamworth Road Bridge,0.24,Steady,09:11 AM MON 03/01/22
Peel River at Carrol Gap,0.85,Steady,01:00 AM MON 03/01/22
Namoi River at Manilla,1.09,Steady,01:00 AM MON 03/01/22
Mooki River at Breeza Station,0.73,Steady,01:00 AM MON 03/01/22
Namoi River at Gunnedah,0.79,Steady,01:00 AM MON 03/01/22
Coxs Creek at Boggabri,1.08,Steady,01:00 AM MON 03/01/22
Namoi River at Boggabri,1.18,Steady,01:00 AM MON 03/01/22
Narrabri Creek at Narrabri,0.91,Steady,01:00 AM MON 03/01/22
Namoi River at Wee Waa (Glencoe),1.43,Steady,01:00 AM MON 03/01/22
Namoi River at Bugilbone,1.14,Steady,01:00 AM MON 03/01/22
Namoi River at Goangra,3.91,Falling,01:00 AM MON 03/01/22
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 210. Warning, rainfall and river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.